CGM’s DEEPOTSAV 2020 – A Virtual Celebration
Kala Dalan (कला दालन) (Art Exhibition)
Available for viewing from Sunday, 8th November to Sunday, 22nd November on
This painting, photography and 3D Art exhibition is open to all aspiring local artists.
There is no theme for the exhibit.
Entrance criteria -
1. Entrants must be 16 or older to participate.
2. Artwork must be handmade and can be 2 and /or 3-dimensional. (2D and/or 3D)
3. Artwork can be made on any surface and using any medium.
4. Artwork must be original and created by the entrant.
5. Each entrant can submit up to 5 entries in each of the categories: 2D, 3D* and photography.
6. Artwork must not propagate racism, sexism, or religious bias. Such entries will be immediately disqualified.
*3D artwork may be shot in 2 different angles and on white background for best viewing experience.
* Food Art, Rangoli (Sand Art) and Mehendi (Henna art) will not be considered under 3D Art.
19 September 2020 Electronic submission opens
18 October 2020 Electronic Submission closes at 10 pm
8 November 2020 Exhibit opens at 10 am
Submission for curation -
1. All artwork should be electronically submitted (pictures or scanned files) to the selection panel no later than 10 pm on 18 October 2020 via Kaladalan Submission Form.
2. Entire artwork must be clearly visible with appropriate lighting (no glares). Artwork does not need to be framed.
3. Each entry must be accompanied by:
a. Name of the artist
b. Title of artwork
c. Surface, Medium and dimensions
4. Phone number and email address.
5. Each image must be of high resolution. You may upload .jpg / .tiff / .png image.
6. The electronic file should be named with in following format -
‘Name of the Artist’_’Title of the Artwork’_’Submission Number’
E.g. John Doe_Reflections_1
7. Artists may provide their photograph and (or) max 2 minute video about you and your artwork (optional). Video should be.mp4 format. (only 1 video per artist).Share your video link in the form. (We will need an access link to your video)
Curating and Selection -
1. All entries will be curated by a selection panel. The identities of the panel members will be anonymous.
2. All entrants will be notified of the selection via email by 1 November 2020. There will not be any resubmission of images. Images submitted via form will be used for gallery.
All artists must agree to the following terms-
1. All artwork must be an original product of the entrant.
2. All artists must sign the CGM consent (included in the form).
3. No sale of any artwork is permitted within the virtual gallery. CGM may assist getting any interested party in contact with the artist, if they may be interested in buying artwork.
For more information, contact -