CGM – DEEPOTSAV 2018
Kala Dalan (कला दालन)
CGM Art Exhibition- 28 October 2018 9am – 3pm
Xenia Miller Conference Room, the Commons, Columbus, Indiana
The CGM Deepotsav painting and photography exhibition is open to all aspiring local artists. There is no theme for the exhibit.
1. Entrants must be 16 or older to participate.
2. Artwork must be handmade and 2-dimensional only.
3. Artwork can be on any surface and using any medium.
4. Artwork cannot exceed 4ft/48inches in length or width, including the frame.
5. Artwork must be original and created by the entrant.
6. Each entrant can submit up to 5 paintings and 5 photography entrees.
7. Artwork must not require hanging from the ceiling.
8. Artwork must not propagate racism, sexism, or religious bias. Such entries will be immediately disqualified.
1 October 2018 Electronic submission opens
14 October 2018 Electronic Submission deadline
20 October 2018 Response back to entrants
25 October 2018 Submission of final artwork
28 October 2018 Exhibit opens
28 October 2018 Pick up artwork from venue by 3:30pm.
Preliminary submission for curation
1. All artwork should be electronically submitted (pictures or scanned files) to the selection panel no later than 8pm on 14 October 2018 via this link (to be uploaded on Oct 1, 2018)
2. Entire artwork must be clearly visible with appropriate lighting (no glares).
3. The artist's signature, if on the artwork, should be covered before taking the picture or scanning. This will ensure an un-biased curation.
4. Each entry should be accompanied by:
a. Name of the artist
b. Title of artwork
c. Surface and Medium
d. Size (L x W) in inches
5. Artist must provide their phone number and email address.
6. The electronic file should be named with the Title of the artwork.
Curating and Selection
1. All entries will be curated by a selection panel. The identities of the panel members will be anonymous.
2. All entrants will be notified of the selection via email by 20 October 2018.
3. Selected entrants will be emailed a consent form which needs to be signed and returned to CGM at the time of final artwork submission.
4. All the submitted electronic copies of the artworks will be permanently discarded at the end of the curation process.
Final submission for exhibition
1. Selected artwork must be physically submitted per the instructions (to be provided to finalists) Artwork will not be accepted after the deadline.
2. Artwork surface should be protected and covered to ensure safe handling and transportation. CGUM team, even though will take utmost care, is not responsible for any damages to artwork if not adequately protected.
3. Each artwork must be accompanied with the following details in English:
b. Name of artist (Artist may choose to be anonymous)
d. Description (Optional - should be no longer than 50 words)
e. Electronic photograph of artist to be displayed along with artwork. (Optional- .jpg only)
4. Each artwork must be accompanied by a signed consent form. (To be provided to finalists)
5. Artist is responsible for providing artwork that is light weight and ready to be installed on a wall. No heavy frames allowed. Allowed materials are:
a. White or black foam core board
b. White or black poster board
6. Artwork must be mounted with a minimum of 1" and maximum of 3" border on all sides. Unmounted artwork will not be accepted.
7. CGM is not responsible for mounting artwork on boards or frames for installation.
8. CGM will install the provided artwork on exhibition room walls in the condition provided by the artist.
9. CGM will not modify the artwork in any way. In case of any problems installing the artwork, a CGM volunteer will notify the artist immediately.
Picking up of artwork after exhibition
1. Artwork must be picked up no later than 3:30 pm on 28 October 2018 from the exhibition hall.
2. Any person picking up artwork has to fill the sign-out form provided at the venue.
3. CGM is not responsible for any artwork not picked up by 3:45 pm on 28 October 2018.
All artists must agree to the following terms:
1. All artwork must be the original product of the entrant.
2. All artists must sign the CGM consent form.
3. No sale of any artwork is permitted during the exhibition.
For more information, contact -